Friday, September 30, 2011

Oh Give Me a Home...

I now have a house. It's a very very very fine house. With two cats in the yard. Life used to be so hard...

Sorry. Flashback.

It is a nice little house, though, and I was fortunate to get one with a fruit tree and a spice tree. I can also ride the subways, but I don't need to yet.

The problem now is I don't know what to do with myself. I think the issue is that I don't know what I can do. There's a lot that can be done, I just don't know what the possibilities are, so I don't know what to aspire to. I should focus my skills toward a goal, but I don't have one.

My new goal is chickens. I'd like a few chickens in the house, and for that I need Animal Husbandry. I was learning Better Learning II, but I have since switched to Animal Kinship III. Something nice that I noticed is that your time spent learning is not actually wasted. Once I'm done with AK3, I can go back to BL2 and pick up where I left off. But I need AK5 to get Animal Husbandry, so I'll be at this for a while. I want chickens for the grain, really. To make buns, for sammiches. I like sammiches. I'm also going to capture a few piggies. I don't know if I'll go full-on farmer and do the meat collector/piggy feeder thing just yet. I might also need a bigger house first. For now, chickens.

I find that with these types of sandbox games, much like life, it's better to divide your "play story" into a bunch of smaller goals and work toward each one. You can have a grand design, but break it up into milestones and it'll make the experience much more rewarding. My problem is I want to do everything. Unlike the other games, though, you only get one Glitch.

Once I figure out how to get screenshots (I think it's the Print Screen key ;) ) I'll start posting pictures. I'd like to show off my house and my current avatar, and I had thought to post "avatar of the week" shots if I see fun costumes.

Now Tiny Speck needs to add in furniture and the ability to decorate your house. I like my house, but the rook decor is a little creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment